All Summit plenaries announced, including the opening plenary by Barbara Brandt! Explore the plenaries here.
Nexus Summit Patient Responders Announced - these individuals will attend Seminars and provide crucial feedback on the patient experience throughout the Summit. Get to know them here.
Full Nexus Summit schedule released - explore peer reviewed and invited content on the Daily Schedule.
The deadline for submissions for the George E. Thibault, MD Nexus Award is August 7, 2023. Explore criteria and submit your organization here.
Welcome to Nexus Summit 2023! This marks the eighth year we have come together to learn about, from and with each other in the Nexus of Practice and Education as we strive to impact health and learning outcomes that matter. We look forward to hosting the dynamic dialogue with colleagues across the United States and world that are testing ideas and advancing scholarship in interprofessional practice and education.
This year our focus is on “working together for impact,” which builds on the challenge given to our community by our founding director Barbara Brandt as we move into a new paradigm of Knowledge-Based Leadership (IPE Version 5.0) where the focus moves beyond standardization to developing deeper, meaningful partnerships with common goals and challenges that require teamwork and collaboration to solve.
Nexus Summit 2023 has been designed to move us toward Knowledge-based Leadership (IPE Version 5.0), with an emphasis on action. Presenters will share:
- Real-world examples of academic - health system partnerships transforming care and learning together.
- Thorny problems in our work, like the cultural divide among different professions that must be bridged to create effective teamwork.
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other emerging technologies may help and hinder our work.
- Practical strategies for working with partners to use real-world, easily accessible data that already exists in our practice and learning environments to make decisions about how we continuously improve our care and learning experiences.
- Lived experiences as patients or family members to provide perspective and feedback to help health teams and educators better understand what patients need and want.
Nexus Summit 2023 is a forum for deep, rich learning opportunities - and a space for fun and community building. Explore opportunities (both new and favorites) offered this year to engage as a member of this interprofessional community in our virtual environment.