Moving to Action Launch Party: National Context, Local Action
Welcome to the Nexus Summit Moving to Action Launch Party! This event, new to Nexus Summit 2023, brings together local teams from across the United States and globally who are Moving To Action - together as a Nexus community.
On Friday, September 29, communities will gather to participate in the Nexus Summit closing program, which will include the plenary "Working Together for Impact: Converting New Knowledge to Action," a synthesis of highlights from the full Nexus Summit program - and importantly - time for groups to work together, share their ideas, and make an action plan for advancing IPE outcomes that matter locally.
Moving to Action Launch Party participants have access to all Nexus Summit programming on Friday, September 29. This programming includes three elements:
- 9:30 - 10: 30 am CDT: Special Sessions on topics including health equity, teaming, collaborative practice and AI
- Learn more and attend these sessions on the Daily Schedule
- 10:45 - 11:30 am CDT: Plenary Session - Working Together for Impact: Converting New Knowledge to Action
- The final plenary of Nexus Summit 2023 will explore take-aways from the Summit and begin to consider how to convert those ideas into local action. Participants will explore key points that emerged and address uncomfortable questions. We will introduce NexusIPE™ design principles as we consider our commitment to action to advance IPE outcomes that matter locally. Join the plenary at this page.
- 11:30 am - 1:30 pm CDT: Moving to Action Launch Party and National Report Out (For registered teams only)
- Registered teams will join the Launch Party at this link.
Launch Party Details:
Getting Started: Connecting to the Launch Party Zoom Link
To get started, your team will join a Moving to Action Launch Party Zoom Meeting link. This Zoom link will be the primary connection throughout the Local Launch Parties and National Report Out.
During the Moving to Action Launch Party, teams can use the Zoom link to:
- Gather in a breakout room with other team members. All teams will have an assigned breakout room available for use, if desired.
- Talk with National Center coaches and leaders
- Connect to the National Report Out
Local Launch Party Kick-Off, Welcome, Team Networking
Whether in-person or virtually, we invite teams to use this time to socialize, make connections and network.
During your kick-off, select your recorder(s) for the Launch Party. The recorder(s) will document your team’s ideas and decisions. They will also be responsible for submitting responses to questions via Mentimeter for real-time input during the National Report Out.
Exercises Using the Commitment to Action Planning Tool
This tool will be emailed to Team Leaders on Thursday morning
(9/28/23). Please distribute to your entire team and make paper copies if that will be helpful for your working session on Friday.
National Report Out and Learning Community Kick-Off
Launch Party teams will be invited to share their experiences, ideas and action planning steps through an interactive, fast-paced session that will reinforce key concepts and start to build a sense of community among participating teams as part of the kick-off to the Moving to Action Learning Community.
Additional Nexus Learning Resources
Moving to Action Learning Community
As a Launch Party participant, your team is invited to participate in the Moving to Action Learning Community hosted by the National Center. The Learning Community will meet quarterly to learn together through the sharing of progress on action plans, dialogue around challenges and discussion of how to harness new opportunities as they emerge. Launch Party teams will receive suggested reading and action planning tools in advance of each Learning Collaborative session.
Save the dates!
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm CT
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm CT
- Tuesday, June 4, 2024, 11:00 am - 12:30 pm CT
Join Your Colleagues at the Moving to Action Launch Party
- BuckIPE - The Ohio State University Office of IPE
- Children's Minnesota Hospitals and Clinics
- Florida Atlantic University Office of Interprofessional Education and Practice
- Medical University of South Carolina Interprofessional Education
- Nova Southeastern University Center for IPEP
- Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences School of Dental Medicine and Northwest Interprofessional Health Collaborative - Interprofessional Dental Medicine Integration Team
- University of Kentucky - Integrating Humanities Into Health Professions Curricula: An Interprofessional Approach
- University of Minnesota Center for Interprofessional Health
- University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth Department of IPE
- University of Nottingham & Maine College of Health Professions - SPACe 2 Collaborate
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and OU Health- Oklahoma Interprofessional Programs
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center Interprofessional Education
- Virginia Commonwealth University - VCU Center for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Care - Defining Priorities for Our Next Five Years
Washington University Medical Center
Western University of Health Sciences - WesternU IPE
When is it happening? Friday, September 29 from 9:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Central Time
Who can host? Any person registered for Nexus Summit can host a Launch Party.
Who can attend? Anyone! A registered attendee of the Nexus Summit can invite all individuals committed to advancing a local interprofessional initiative to attend the September 29 program. We encourage you to get creative! Who do you want at the table to develop an action plan? Think about your clinical and community partners, virtual collaborators, institutional leaders, students, and IPE champions!
How will the Launch Party be structured? Teams are invited to gather early for social time and connection. Encourage attendees to attend the Special Sessions and share what they learned with others. The plenary synthesis session is an opportunity to learn together as a team. Beginning at 11:30 am CT, there is time set aside for local teams to work together. Consider offering lunch or snacks as you build community and cultivate ideas for your local action planning. At 12:45 pm CT, the Nexus Summit will reconvene nationally. Teams will be encouraged to share highlights or specific actions their are ready to take to advance their work locally. Come to celebrate progress in your own community and be inspired by work happening nationally.
- 9:30 - 10: 30 am CT: Special Sessions on topics including health equity, teaming, collaborative practice and AI
- 10:45 - 11:30 am CT: Plenary Synthesis Session - Working Together for Impact: Converting New Knowledge to Action
- 11:30 am - 12:45 pm CT: Time for locals teams to work together to establish goals and select a priority for local action to implement
- 12:45 - 1:30 pm CT: National report out of local team initiatives and commitments and kick off of the Learning Community
Why should I host? Now, more than ever, it is hard to find the time and space for creative and collaborative work time with colleagues. We encourage you to use the Launch Party as an opportunity to gather your local constituents, participate in the Nexus Summit debriefing and synthesis for a national perspective and then utilize the structured time to select or codify a shared goal for your local work together. All groups who participate in local Launch Parties will be invited to share a brief summary of your local initiative when the national program reconvenes and all Launch Party teams will be invited to participate in an exclusive Learning Community.
Can I invite my clinical partners to attend? Yes, we encourage you to use this as an opportunity to engage with your current and/or potential clinical partners. By attending the Nexus Summit, your clinical partners will better understand: Opportunities to partner with interprofessional education experts to address complex challenges facing practicing healthcare teams today. Learn how creating environments that support improved team working can help address current workforce challenges. Create dialogue between educators and clinicians to identify shared priorities and opportunities to achieve health and learning outcomes that matter.
How will teams engage after the Summit? All registered local Launch Parties will be invited to an exclusive Learning Community hosted by the National Center that will meet quarterly to learn together through the sharing of progress on action plans, dialogue around challenges and discussion of how to harness new opportunities as they emerge. Don't miss the opportunity to join this Learning Community. Save the dates!
- Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 11 am - 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 11 am - 12: 30 pm
- Tuesday, June 4, 2024, 11 am - 12:30 pm
What are the requirements? The National Center recommends that a team of at least 2 participate in the Launch Party together. While meeting in person would be a fantastic way to advance your local plan, teams may convene virtually during the local planning time and rejoin the Launch Party for the closing. We request that teams hosting local Launch Parties register with the National Center to ensure you are recognized during the session and invited to participate in the exclusive Learning Community.